Webmaster Blog

Members blog at WebmaisterPro. Covering topics related to online marketing, SEO, web development as well as software reviews.

Big Data: The Key to More Effective Mobile Marketing

The mobile explosion is on. According to Forrester Research, 93 percent of adults in the U.S. who go online own a mobile phone and 19 percent own a tablet. At that rate mobile Internet will surpass desktop usage in 2014. What this means for business is that the era of mobile marketing has arrived. By utilizing Big Data analytics, companies can leverage the mountains of data that consumers are generating on mobile devices to gain insights and create more targeted and personal advertising. Here’s a look at why Big Data is the key to more effective mobile marketing.

Big DataHyper-localized marketing – Although online shopping has long been predicted to dominate brick and mortar shopping, a majority of shoppers still like to buy things in person. In fact statistics show that most shopping takes place within a 10-mile radius of the home.
The challenge for marketers then is to find better ways to deliver more relevant messages to local shoppers at a granular level. To meet this challenge, marketers are using IP geolocation technologies. With the ability to locally target customers via IP geolocation, merchants can get information about discount coupons and banner ads directly in front of the right shoppers at the right time, right where they are. By delivering more relevant messaging, hyper-localized marketing increases customer engagement. And increased engagement leads to increased conversion rates.

The goal of ads is to increase traffic. And hyperlocalized ads that utilize Big Data analytics to automatically personalize merchandise by location have been shown to increase offline and online traffic significantly, not to mention sales. Another major benefit of hyperlocalization is that instead of being constantly spammed and annoyed by non-targeted ads, consumers who are geotargeted only see ads that are personalized and relevant to them. The result is that consumers view these personalized ads, not just as ploys to sell them something, but as genuine attempts by brands to better meet their customer’s needs.

The ability to leverage ALL data - Surprisingly, experts tell us that 90 percent of the world’s data was created within the past two years. Of this data, only 20 percent is structured, meaning that it can be readily analyzed using tools that have been around for years. However, the remaining 80 percent of this new data is “unstructured” content such as photos, videos and social media posts, much of which is shared via mobile devices. Since these types of unstructured data are directly related to what people are doing, what they’re saying, where they’re going and what they’re interested in, being able to gain insights from unstructured data through Big Data tools, like Hive as a service, gives marketers a big advantage. In addition, cloud-based analytics platforms allow companies cost-effective solutions to help them make more informed marketing decisions, using state-of-the-art tools that they might not otherwise be able to afford. Other technological advances, such as flash storage and virtualization technology are also making the marketing trends more accessible to small businesses.

The power of real-time data analysis – Today’s Big Data analytics platforms can perform sophisticated processes at lightning-fast speeds. And real-time analysis means real-time insights. The ability to instantly combine location data with social data insights to deliver hyper-localized, personalized and targeted advertising to consumers in real-time represents a revolutionary step in advertising.

The mobile explosion has changed marketing forever. Only those companies that adopt Big Data analytics will have the tools to leverage valuable data to deliver the type of relevant, personalized and targeted mobile marketing experiences that consumers will grow to expect.
Rate this blog entry:
Research on Social Media Signals and Effects on SE...
Optimal Website Speed with Optimal Server Configur...

Related Posts


No comments yet
Already Registered? Login Here
Wednesday, 07 December 2022
If you'd like to register, please fill in the username and name fields.

Captcha Image