New small- and medium-sized businesses in Leicester are being offered grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 by the County Council's Grant scheme. Those who are already trading are also being included in the scheme, with grants of up to £15,000 being made available. This money can be put towards a variety of things, including start-up costs, equipment, services, and improving premises.
Responsive web design from absolute-design.co.uk will improve your business
Where to Spend Your Grant
There are many areas of your business that you will find the money useful for. One area, in particular, to consider investing in is your website. These days, all businesses can benefit from an online presence, even if you concentrate mainly on your brick and mortar offices or store. Customer trends have changed, and now businesses are expected to have at least some form of online presence. Even if you aren’t a user of the Internet yourself, you must consider the needs of your customers and clients, not your own personal preferences.
How Your Website Can Improve Your Business
There are many advantages to be had if you take your business online with an up-to-date website:
- You can reach wider audiences.
- You can build trust.
- You can become an authority in your industry.
- You can reach out to new suppliers and grow your network.
- Customer service can be improved and modernised.
- A website is a great tool for generating leads and making sales.
What Your Website Needs
A modern website needs to be fast – slow loading times are inexcusable. You will need to work with a designer to create a site that not only reflects your branding, but it will also need to provide value to your target audience and search engines such as Google and Bing. In order to achieve this, you’ll need a website that is:
- Full of original content that hasn’t been copied from anywhere else
- Full of great information that will benefit your customers
- Have text that isn’t simply placed on the site to add keywords in a bid to optimise your website
- Able to load on all devices within a couple of seconds
- A responsive website that is able to work on smartphones and tablets as well as desktops and laptops
When you design your website, it’s important to use it as a way of building trust as well as a way to increase leads and sales. You’ll need a home page that will quickly inform your traffic of your services, products, and what you are all about. It has to be attractive and deliver the message of what you actually do quickly. You’ll also need:
- About Us
- Terms and Conditions
- Product or Service Pages
If you want to have a successful website that ranks well on the search engines, you should ask your designers to add a blog. Blogs give you an excellent way of increasing the high-quality original content on your website. They can be used to optimise your site, work in natural flowing keywords, and help the search engines accurately index your website. With absolute-design.co.uk web design in Leicester your online presence will maintain its preferred place; investing in a high-quality website makes perfect business sense.