Optimization of any site is very important part while doing the online marketing of your product or services. A properly optimized site is visible to all those users who are continuously searching your products or services. More users mean more traffic and thus more sales and higher profit. An optimized website facilitates cross browser compatibility. It means your website can be easily accessible to any browser. It results in large number of users who visit your site. Many type of Search Engine Optimization techniques are available for you to apply on your site. You can choose any one to implement it on your site so that you can optimize your website to get more traffic.
Below you’ll find some essential SEO tips for e-commerce site.
- Nowadays you need to do lot of brainstorming while searching for keywords for your site. Depending upon your business type, brand, services, industry and targeted customer, you have to choose particular keywords and key phrases. After that you should test them on Google keyword tools or any other keyword tool so that you can get idea of your keywords and keyword list of competitors that have high ranking.
- Make blogs on your e-commerce site which you can usually update. With this your site will always be in notice of Google because Google Bot feels that something new is happening in your site
- If possible do not create menu on the left side of the website. If it is not possible then put some text which includes some rich keywords at the top or on left side menu so that search engine easily read it at first.
- Search engines firstly give importance to the headlines instead of the rest of the web page. Thus you should put keywords in the page headlines. Since the header is large, you should edit it to make it smaller.
- In each page of website you should include titles and description tags with rich keywords in order to describe the contents of the web page. The word count of title should not be greater than 9 and the total number of words in description should not be greater than 20. This is generally the word limit of every search engine.
- It is good to not include flash pages within your website as the search engines do not recognize flash pages. Besides this, including flash pages within the website can possibly take too much of time to get fully loaded.
- Only images should not use to link up. Textual links should preferably be used for linking up important contents since spider reads the images links but prefers reading the text link.
- One should make use of the standard HTML coding while designing the website since some of the software can add such scripting codes that may be absolutely unnecessary. This leads to larger page design, thus making it harder to crawl.
- Always respond to reviews for the satisfaction of customer and also for the reputation management.
- Always link your e-commerce site with authority sites and avoid spammed sites to be linked with your site.
Matthew Anton is an seo expert and has plentiful knowledge in e-commerce search engine optimization and marketing. As a techie, he likes to share his precious knowledge with his readers.