Launching a new website is exciting. However, there are some key steps you must take before letting world come to visit. In other words, there are website pre-launch tasks you should do to ensure your website is ready for the world.
Click Thumbnail to Enlarge
What follows is a simple list of 12 steps you can take to ensure your website is ready to go. Some checklists are long and the fact is nobody ever does it all. However, this is a common sense set of steps you can do quickly to save you headaches down the road.
Website pre-launch checklist:
- Proofread your content and correct grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Test your website with a W3C validator tool to ensure your coding is up to snuff.
- It's imperative your SEO meta data is input properly and that your site is visible to the search engines.
- Create and publish a sitemap.
- Set up a Google Webmaster Tools account and submit your site.
- Format and double-check your 404 error pages.
- It's a good idea to offer visitors the option to contact you (and that it's easy to locate the contact page).
- Link to your social media properties to carry on the conversation with visitors.
- Get a second and third opinion about your website navigation. It must be easy to navigate.
- Check all links on your site (outbound and internal).
- Ensure you website loads in under 2 seconds. Fix it if necessary.
That's it. It's a simple pre-launch checklist you can do quickly.
B2Web is a WordPress, web design and small business resource website offering video tutorials, reviews, tips and techniques for publishing awesome websites.